Timely Info for Power Users and Stanford's Technology Community
Tech Briefings are free, informal, and interactive seminars led by knowledgeable IT Services staff or other IT professionals on computer-related topics of interest to the Stanford community.
Tech Briefings are monthly events, held Fridays from 3:00 to 4:30 PM in
Turing Auditorium (Polya Hall, Room 111). No registration is required.
Have an idea for a Tech Briefing? Click here to let us know.
Contact the Tech Briefing coordinator at email@example.com.
Upcoming Tech Briefings
|Date / Time||Topic||Presenter(s)|
3 - 4:30 PM
Moving from Zimbra to Office 365
Stanford's Email and Calendar service will move from Zimbra to Office 365, Microsoft's cloud-based service, between July 13 and August 10, 2015.
In this Tech Briefing learn how to make a smooth transition to Office 365. You will get an overview of Office 365 Email and Calendar, along with what you need to know about the migration process. Some technical aspects will also be covered.
Visit https://email.stanford.edu for more information.
To join via Browser:
To join with Lync:
To join via Cisco Jabber Video:
To join via Phone, dial either:
2) Enter Conference ID: 610940828
University IT Communications
3 - 4:30 PM
|BlueJeans - Free Video Conferencing at Stanford||To be announced|
Subscribe to the Tech Briefings Mailing List
To subscribe to the Tech Briefings Mailing List, either:
- Visit https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/techbriefings and enter your email address in the Subscribing to techbriefings section
- Or, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe via the RSS / iCal Feed
Tech Briefing announcements are available as both an RSS feed and an iCal feed via events.stanford.edu
To add the events in Zimbra:
1) In Calendar, click Create a new calendar.
2) Give the new calendar a name (e.g., Tech Briefings).
3) Choose the color you want the calendar to use.
4) Check the box "Exclude this calendar when reporting free/busy times"
5) Check the box "Synchronize appointments from remote calendar", and in the URL field, enter http://events-prod.stanford.edu/byOrganization/144/eventlist.ics
6) Click OK.