Timely Info for Power Users and Stanford's Technology Community
Tech Briefings are free, informal, and interactive seminars led by knowledgeable IT Services staff or other IT professionals on computer-related topics of interest to the Stanford community.
Tech Briefings are monthly events, held Fridays from 3:00 to 4:30 PM in
Turing Auditorium (Polya Hall, Room 111). No registration is required.
Have an idea for a Tech Briefing? Click here to let us know.
Contact the Tech Briefing coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Tech Briefings
|Date / Time||Topic||Presenter(s)|
3 - 4:30 PM
Open Source Licensing
Topics to be covered in this three-panel talk:
|Petra Moser, Professor
Dept of Economics
Irina Zaks, Open Source Lab
Darius Garza, Web Designer
3 - 4:30 PM
|Stanford Media Group||To be announced|
Subscribe to the Tech Briefings Mailing List
To subscribe to the Tech Briefings Mailing List, either:
- Visit https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/techbriefings and enter your email address in the Subscribing to techbriefings section
- Or, send email to email@example.com
Subscribe via the RSS / iCal Feed
Tech Briefing announcements are available as both an RSS feed and an iCal feed via events.stanford.edu
To add the events in Zimbra:
1) In Calendar, click Create a new calendar.
2) Give the new calendar a name (e.g., Tech Briefings).
3) Choose the color you want the calendar to use.
4) Check the box "Exclude this calendar when reporting free/busy times"
5) Check the box "Synchronize appointments from remote calendar", and in the URL field, enter http://events-prod.stanford.edu/byOrganization/144/eventlist.ics
6) Click OK.