The device enrollment process gathers basic information about your computer via a brief questionnaire. Enrollment also associates a computer with the person who is responsible for its data security.
Your affiliation with the university and the type of information you access will determine the type of security your device needs to use Stanford data.
The Device Enrollment service is for both Windows and Macintosh desktop and laptop computers. Enrollment for mobile devices is done via the Stanford Mobile Device Management (MDM) process.
- Associates the computer with one or more specific users, based on SUNet ID
- Helps to determine whether the computer is properly configured to meet the University's security requirements, based on how it will be used
- Stores the answers securely on the computer
- Your SUNetID
- Whether computer is used for Restricted or Prohibited data
- Your Stanford organization and department
- Personal or Stanford-owned computer
- Primary user of the computer
Download the Device Enrollment app for your operating system and complete the questionnaire: