Stanford Voicemail provides Stanford faculty and staff a convenient and cost-effective system for receiving, sending, and managing voicemail messages.
Information Technology Services has developed Stanford's voicemail services far beyond message-taking — especially in administrative and clinical environments. The department has designed and now supports more than 200 advanced call processing applications (message/routing trees) that overlay the daily maintenance of a 17,000-mailbox system.
- Store up to 100 voicemail messages
- Review your voicemail messages either via phone or email account
- Receive a fax in your voicemail and print it at your convenience from a specified fax machine
- Receive and forward a fax to your email box (faxes are sent in the .tiff file format)
The system also provides an online voicemail portal you can use to manage your voice mailbox via the Web:
- Forward voicemail messages to email
- Manage Find-me/Follow-me, which forwards calls to other numbers, such as your cell phone
- Specify paging options and schedules
Stanford Voicemail is available to faculty and staff by subscription and is charged monthly to your department’s IT Services bill. To subscribe to Stanford Voicemail (or to change an existing service profile), have your Department Contact submit an IT Services service order via orderit.stanford.edu, or call 5-HELP (option 2). For additional information about obtaining the service, please submit a HelpSU request.
New to Stanford? Download and print these voicemail quick reference guides and keep them on your desk.
- Voicemail System Schematic
- System Menu QuickGuide (Medical Center)
- System Menu QuickGuide (University)