IT Services provides this research computing hosting service for Stanford researchers who want to operate their equipment in a secure, centrally-managed data center. This controlled environment is run as a university resource, providing secure and reliable services for research computing.
The space is designed for high-density computing. IT Services will work with the researcher and/or staff during and after the grant-writing process to ensure that appropriate equipment is specified for this space in Forsythe Hall.
- Assistance in specifying equipment, coordinating purchases, and planning deployment into the data center
- Standard vendor-populated racks; pre-existing standard racks are also available
- 10 GB network connection to the campus backbone and the researcher-provided switch
- Secured entry
- 7x24 monitoring of environmental control systems
- Fire detection and suppression; water intrusion sensors
- Power for installed equipment with visual usage information
- An uninterruptible power supply (UPS) to protect against power anomalies and standby generator to maintain normal operations during a utility outage
To initiate an order for space in the Research Computing area of Forsythe Hall, work with your IT Services Business Partner to jointly submit a HelpSU request.