Kerberos for Windows provides secure authentication for various services at Stanford, such as Stanford OpenAFS. It includes a utility called Network Identity Manager, which provides the graphical user interface for managing Kerberos functions.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP
- Download file size: 18.2 MB
- Additional Requirements: Administrative privileges are required to install Kerberos for Windows
for Windows is the replacement for PC-Leland. PC-Leland is
automatically uninstalled when you install Kerberos for Windows.
- If installed, PC-AFS is automatically uninstalled when you install Kerberos for Windows. Stanford OpenAFS is the replacement for PC-AFS.
Notes for PC-Leland Users:
- When you install Kerberos for Windows, the familiar PC-Leland notification
be replaced with the Network Identity Manager icon .
- Some of PC-Leland's features are no longer available with Kerberos for Windows, including:
- The visual indication (a double-headed arrow) that you are authenticated.
- The email proxy service, which is no longer supported.
- The screen lock feature, which functionality is already provided by Windows 2000, XP, and Vista.