Kerberos Commander is a replacement for the Kerberos Configuration Utility for Mac.
Several services at Stanford, such as Stanford OpenAFS, use Kerberos for authentication. Kerberos is a network authentication protocol, and it is built in to Mac OS X. Kerberos Commander configures Kerberos for use at Stanford.
- Supported Operating Systems: Mac OS X 10.7 and above
- Download File Size: 0.65 MB
- If the Kerberos Configuration Utility is installed on your computer, it is removed when Kerberos Commander is installed. If you have a shortcut to the Kerberos Configuration Utility in your dock, that is removed as well.
- If an application at Stanford requires Kerberos authentication (e.g., Apple Mail, Stanford OpenAFS) you should be logged in to log in to Kerberos before launching the application. If you want a convenient way to manually initiate a Kerberos login, install Stanford Desktop Tools.
- Your Kerberos authentication is in effect for 25 hours.
- Note for Adium users: If you launch Adium before logging in to Kerberos, Adium prompts you for your account password. To resolve this, quit Adium and launch Kerberos Commander (Applications > Stanford > Kerberos Commander). Log in to Kerberos with your SUNet ID and password and then relaunch Adium. It will recognize the Kerberos credentials and use them for authentication.