Google Custom Search is Stanford University's official search engine.
Custom Search provides:
- Better and quicker search results
- Advanced search features, including searching for videos and audio content as well as PDF, .doc and .ppt files
- Easy and powerful search administration
- Easy integration into web sites
IT Services, which supports and manages the University's central web infrastructure and services, configures and maintains the Stanford Google Custom Search along with University Communications, which operates and maintains the Stanford home page.
The Web Search service allows web creators to add Google Custom Search to their websites to search their content.
- Superior search relevancy.
- Ad-free results.
- Ability to create advanced custom searches that include results from domains outside of stanford.edu.
- Search indexing and relevancy feedback are used to improve Google's central index, providing better search results from google.com as well as stanford.edu.
- New features added to Google Custom Search will immediately be present in the Stanford Google Custom Search.
To learn how to use Google Custom Search on your web sites, or get information on how to migrate off of the legacy Google Search Appliance, see the Information & Instructions for Web Site Creators.
For general information and answers to questions about Google Custom Search, please see the Web Search FAQ.