Important installation information
During the installation of the VPN Client, your connection to the network is dropped momentarily. Therefore, please save the client download to your local disk and install from there.
- Double-click on the downloaded file. This will begin a normal software install session. It will take several minutes for this process to complete; please be patient.
- When installation is complete, go to Start->Programs->Cisco Systems VPN Client->VPN Client.
- In the window that comes up, click the Stanford_Public_VPN entry, then click the Connect icon. You will be presented with a username and password screen; use your SUNet ID and password; click OK.
- If successful, a popup window titled, "VPN Client | Banner" will come up. Read any messages there; click Continue.
- You are now using the VPN tunnel for all Stanford network communication.