The Secure File Storage service provides a way for faculty and staff to transmit and store Moderate and High Risk Data. It is for both Windows and Macintosh desktop and laptop computers. Individual and group accounts are available.
The university provides Secure File Storage as a low cost service to encourage staff and faculty to store Moderate or High Risk Data in a central location, off of the local computer.
Features and benefits
- Data is protected while stored on central servers.
- Data is encrypted in transit from the computer to the central servers.
- Provides an option for groups of staff or faculty to have shared file storage.
Your Department Contact can order Secure File Storage for both individual and group accounts via OrderIT. If ordering a group account, please provide the name of the Stanford Workgroup with the OrderIT. Secure File Storage is available to faculty and staff by subscription. It is charged monthly to your department’s University IT billing statement at the same rate as File Storage.
After you have placed your order, the Administrative Systems Storage Group will contact you with details on how to connect to your Secure File data storage.
- Secure File Storage Details
- Secure File Storage Policy Agreement
- Storage Solutions Summary Chart
- How to Get More Storage Space