The Stanford University Medical Center uses three different paging systems: Smartphone Paging (Mobile Connect), Stanford Bay Area Network (often referred to as SBAN or "Stanford network"), and USA Mobility (often referred to as "long-range").
- Smartphone Paging. Mobile Connect, powered by Amcom, provides secure two-way messaging, right to your iOS or Android device. If you have a pager ID on the Stanford paging system, you can use the app in tandem with the existing paging systems at Stanford (phone, Smart Web, and email). Learn more…
- USA Mobility system (long-range). If you live or work in areas out of range of the Stanford system, you can rent Arch Wireless pagers from the Pager Administration office. Note: this service costs more and page transmission time can be longer. However, USA Mobility does provide a larger area in which you can receive pages. Keep in mind that Stanford has much less control over the reliability of the USA Mobility service.
- Stanford Bay Area Network. Most of the Stanford medical community — and all code teams — use a Stanford-owned paging system for their paging service. The pagers themselves are owned by the subscribing department. Pages are sent over a frequency used only by the Stanford paging system.
Pages are sent from one of the three telephone numbers listed below. Hint: add the numbers to your smartphone address book. Use an easily recognizable name such as "Stanford Paging" so you'll know immediately when you get an SMS page.
- (208) 252-4524
- (208) 252-4525
- (208) 252-4526
- Smartphone Paging: any location with access to a cellular or WiFi network
- USA Mobility: 300 miles
- Stanford Bay Area Network: 50 miles
Place a page by phone
To place a page, dial the appropriate number from the list below.
(Code, STAT, Urgent)
|Routine (AutoPage)||Call Connect|
|Hospital and Clinics and LPCH||211||288||222||5-8500|
|School of Medicine*||286||288||222||5-8500|
|Other Stanford Phones||Not applicable. For EMERGENCIES,
|Payphones and other Non-Stanford Phones||Not applicable. For EMERGENCIES,
* School of Medicine buildings include: Alway, Beckman, CCSR, Edwards, Fairchild, Falk, Grant/Science, Lane, MSOB, 800 Welch Road (Stanford School of Medicine Blood Center), 801 Welch Road (Stanford Otolaryngology), 401 Quarry Road (Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences).
For more detailed instructions, see Placing a Page.
Place a page online
Pages can also be placed via the Web. Go to smartpage.stanford.edu.