OpenAFS is used to mount AFS directories to your Mac's desktop, to use similarly to the way you would work with other Macintosh folders. Anyone with a full service SUNetID can access their own AFS space, or space in other user directories, group, and department directories, provided they have been granted the necessary permissions.
Stanford OpenAFS consists of OpenAFS software (an open source program) and Stanford-specific extensions to OpenAFS for working with Stanford's network.
- Supported Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9
- File Size : 32 MB (Mac OS X 10.8)
- If your need is to occasionally update your personal or department web page then you will likely be better off using an SFTP client like Fetch. Please see the OpenAFS at Stanford page for more information about this software and who will benefit most from using it.
- You must have administrator privileges on the computer to install Stanford OpenAFS.
- Download Stanford OpenAFS 1.6.5 for Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
- Download Stanford OpenAFS 1.6.5 for Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- Download Stanford OpenAFS 1.6.5 for Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)