OpenAFS is not compatible with Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
OpenAFS is not compatible with Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) and there is no timeline for when a compatible version will be available. If you need OpenAFS, we recommend that you not upgrade to El Capitan. The workaround is to use WebAFS or Fetch.
OpenAFS is used to mount AFS directories to your Mac's desktop, to use similarly to the way you would work with other Macintosh folders. Anyone with a full service SUNetID can access their own AFS space, or space in other user directories, group, and department directories, provided they have been granted the necessary permissions.
Stanford OpenAFS consists of OpenAFS software (an open source program) and Stanford-specific extensions to OpenAFS for working with Stanford's network.
- Supported Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7 and above
- File Size : 15.4 MB (Mac OS X 10.10)
- If your need is to occasionally update your personal or department web page then you will likely be better off using an SFTP client like Fetch. Please see the OpenAFS at Stanford page for more information about this software and who will benefit most from using it.
- You must have administrator privileges on the computer to install Stanford OpenAFS.
- An Extras folder is included with the OpenAFS software for Mavericks and Yosemite. This folder contains two files used for uninstalling OpenAFS. You need to run both files to successfully uninstall OpenAFS. The uninstallers are from OpenAFS.org (not Stanford) so you may see a message saying that the files cannot be opened because they are from an unidentified developer. To open a file, press CONTROL + click the file name and then click Open.
- Download Stanford OpenAFS 1.6.14 for Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
- Download Stanford OpenAFS 1.6.11 for Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
- Download Stanford OpenAFS 1.6.5 for Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- Download Stanford OpenAFS 1.6.5 for Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)