Sophos Anti-Virus is Stanford's site-licensed anti-malware software. It can protect your computer against viruses, adware/spyware, and other malicious software.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7 and later
- Disk Space: 151 MB
- The Sophos Settings Update tool can be run at any time to update your Sophos installation to make sure you have the current set of default settings. Anyone who did not directly install Sophos 10.0 via Stanford's installation process should run this tool because the Sophos autoupdate process that upgraded many users from 9.5 or 9.7 to 10.0 did not enable some of the newer features available in Sophos 10.0.
- The installer will attempt to remove any other antivirus programs that you have installed. To be on the safe side, if you know you have an antivirus program other than Symantec Anti-Virus Corporate Edition, it is recommended that you manually uninstall it before installing Sophos Anti-Virus.
- If the installer encounters an error trying to remove any existing antivirus/antispyware products it will display a dialog box telling you which software it found and instructs you to try manually removing it using the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel (Windows XP) or the Programs and Features Control Panel (Windows 7 and Vista). After trying this manual removal you should then try to run the Sophos Installer again.
When these installation problems and others are encountered, the installer will collect a number of logs and other system information and put them in a single file on your desktop. The Service Desk may be able to use this information to determine the cause of the problem.
- Sophos Anti-Virus updates itself automatically so your version of the program and the virus definitions are always up-to-date.