The following instructions explain how to configure an iPhone or iPad to access your Stanford Calendar using the CalDAV protocol. You can use this as an alternative way to access the calendar if the ActiveSync configuration is not working properly.
Turn Off Access to Shared Calendars (Optional)
By default, your own calendars and any shared calendars in your list of calendars in Webmai are loaded via a CalDAV connection. If you have more than just a few shared calendars you may wish to set the following option to prevent any shared calendars from being loaded to your iPhone:
Note: This also prevents your shared calendars from loading in the OS X version of iCal.
- Go to http://webmail.stanford.edu.
- Click the Preferences tab.
- In the panel on the left side of the screen, click Calendar.
- In the Apple iCal section, check Enable delegation for Apple iCal CalDV client.
- Click Save.
Configure the iPhone/iPad to use CalDAV
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Other.
- Tap Add CalDAV Account.
- Enter the following information:
User Name: your SUNet ID
Password: your SUNet ID password
Description: A display name for the account (e.g., Stanford Calendars)
- Tap the Next button.
Your account will be verified and you should then have access to your Stanford Calendar.