Changes in ZCO releases
Version 8.0.8 was posted on May 20, 2014. Notabe fixes/enhancements include:
- Fix for crashes for users that had upgraded to version 8.0.7
- Fixes for signature syncing
- Fix to prevent delegates from moving folders in a shared account
Version 8.0.6 was posted on December 19, 2013. Notable fixes/enhancements include:
- Support for Windows Mail 8 and Outlook 2013 using an Activesync connection to the server. NOTE: This feature should be considered experimental until further testing has been done.
Version 8.0.5 was posted on November 19, 2013. Notable fixes/enhancements include:
- Fix that prevented searching from working properly in Outlook 2013.
Version 8.0.4 was posted on August 16, 2013. Notable fixes/enhancements include:
- Support for saving Outlook Notes
- Support for applying Outlook categories to shared items
- Improved support for Outlook 2013
- Improved syncing of shared calendars
Version 7.2.3 was posted on 2013. Notable fixes include:
- Categories are no longer cleared when syncing shared items
Version 7.2.2 was posted the Installing the Outlook Connector page on January 29, 2013. Notable fixes/enhancements in this release:
- Propose new time feature now functions in ZCO
- Resource icons now appear on appropriate entries in GAL within ZCO
- Support for Windows 8
- Numerous fixes around GAL syncing
Version 7.1.5 was posted to the Installing the Outlook Connector page on February 15, 2012. Two notable fixes/enhancements in this release:
- Fix for issue that would prevent Outlook for properly re-authenticating when its token had expired.
- Fix for issue where updates to meeting series would not display propelry in Outlook.
Version 7.1.4 was posted on February 3, 2012. Some notable fixes/enhancements in this release:
- Improved syncing of meeting series
- GAL Sync performance improvements
- Ability to sync signatures with Webmail
- Notification within Outlook when a new version of ZCO is available
- Disables Outlook's auto-archive feature to avoid data being unexptedly removed from the server.
Version 6.0.14 was posted on October 25, 2011. Below are notable fixes included in this release:
- Fix for issue where ZCO would include an additonal attendee in a reply when an alias was used in the invite.
- Fix for issue that would prevent some series of all day appointments from appearing in Outlook.
Minor bug fix release; no significant fixes Stanford was tracking.
Version 6.0.11 was posted to the Installing the Outlook Connector page on February 3, 2011. Below are highlights of some important new features and fixes that were added since version 6.0.8:
- Fix for issue that caused some ZCO users to have meeting acceptances sent with a malformed version of their email address.
- Fix for a scenario that could cause ZCO to sync an older version of a meeting up to the server rather than retrieve the newer copy from the server.
Version 6.0.9 was posted to the Installing the Outlook Connector page on December 9, 2010. Below are highlights of some important new features and fixes that were added since version 6.0.8:
- Fix to allow opening shared items if option to save password is not checked.
- Fix to allow full display name of resources with a parentheses in the name.
- Eliminate unnecessary traffic to server during sync requests.
- Fix to suppress name of appointments that were changed to private.
- Categories applied to shared items will no longer be removed: Some ZCO users want to apply categories to (.e.g.) shared appointments. This will no function as it did with ZCO 5.x. CAUTION: The category data is not synced to the server, so until tagging/categorizing of shared items is supported by the server users should use this feature at their own risk.
Version 6.0.8 was posted to the Installing the Outlook Connector page on September 10, 2010. Below are highlights of some important new features and fixes that were added since version 5.0.23:
- Fix for case where ZCO would reset changed meeting to previous state: Fixes a case where ZCO could have reset a changed meeting to a previous state.
- Support for Outlook 2010 (32-bit version)
- Calendar syncing changes: ZCO 6.x features a re-written process for syncing calendar data. This should significantly improve the amount of time needed to sync a calendar.
- Fix for inconsistent appointments: ZCO 6.0.8 addresses some scenarios that would have caused appointments to appear differently between Outlook and the web client.
Version 5.0.23 was posted to the Installing the Outlook Connector page on July 12, 2010. Below are highlights of some important new features and fixes that have been added since version 5.0.20:
- Bug fix regarding meetings and autosave: When creating a meeting with the 5.0.20 version of ZCO, if Outlook's autosave process saved the appointment it would be deleted from the orgniazer's calendar. This is fixed since 5.0.22.
- Bug fix for problems viewing free/busy information: The 5.0.20 version of ZCO had problems displaying free/busy information during a particular range of dates. This is fixed since 5.0.22.
- Fix for replies to meeting created on shared calendars: When using previous versions of ZCO, replies for calendar invitations that were craeated on a shared calendar would go to the owner of the calendar rather than to the delegate who organized the meeting. This is fixed since 5.0.22.
- Fix for problem syncing to Blackberry Desktop software: Blackberry users who wish to sync their device to Outlook through the Blackberry Desktop software will need version 5.0.23 to be able to complete this sync.
Version 5.0.20 was posted to the Installing the Outlook Connector page on December 4, 2009. Below are highlights of some important new features and fixes that were added since version 5.0.16:
- Local Rules now run automatically: Previously any rules that had been defined in the traditional Outlook Rules and Alerts section would not run when new mail arrived. This is no longer true — local rules will run as new messages are received. To avoid problems for people who have been using ZCO and are accustomed to the rules not running, the setting to enable the local rules running automatically will only be put in place for new installations, not upgrades. Existing users who would like this feature can uninstall the previous version and then install 5.0.20 (techs who want to set this directly can contact us via HelpSU for the registry setting to change). Please review the installation instructions to see the warning Outlook 2007 displays when this feature is first enabled.
- Sharing Permissions now visible: Previously users could set permissions using ZCO but when attempting to view existing permissions on a folder they would see unintelligible ID numbers rather than names or SUNet IDs. This has been fixed and existing permissions now are listed by name or email address.
- Access to new mail while syncing shared folder: Previously when opening another user's calendar (or other type of folder) ZCO would not sync any new mail or other data for the user until the sync of the shared folder completed. This has been fixed so that both the primary user's data and the shared data now sync at the same time.
- GAL syncing: Parameters have been set to lessen the impact on the system while a GAL sync is happening. The sync time will now be longer, but Outlook should not be as impacted by the syncing process.