The Online Archive Storage service is designed for safe and secure long-term storage of large, rarely accessed data sets.
It is intended for those who require minimal features, maximum storage space, and are willing to commit to one year of service. Databases or other application workloads that require high transfer speeds are not appropriate for this class of storage.
- High availability — redundant storage controllers; redundant disks (RAID-6); automatic hot spares.
- Physical security — files are housed in Stanford's managed and secure computing facilities.
- Professional management — supported by IT Services Storage team; pace utilization and historical trending reporting included.
- Up to 90 terabytes of storage space, available in increments of 1 terabyte.
- Supported on Windows, Macintosh, and Linux platforms.
Requests to change an existing storage profile by adding, modifying, or deleting storage must be submitted by your Department Contact via OrderIT or by calling 5-HELP (option 2). Consulting services are available on a Time & Materials (Service Deployment & Administration) basis and must be submitted on a separate order. The Online Archive Storage service is available by subscription and is charged monthly to your department's IT Services bill. See the ordering information page for details.
For additional information about the Online Archive Storage service, please submit a HelpSU request.