Note for Mac OS X 10.6 and above users: The built-in VPN client is recommended instead of downloading and installing the Cisco VPN client for Mac OS X.
- Double-click on the downloaded file. It will open and may ask for your system's password in order to continue the install. (Heed the warning about multiple partitions; only install on the "System" partition.)
- Proceed through the normal steps of a software installation.
- Launch the VPN Client application. In the window that comes up, click on the Stanford_Public_VPN entry, then click the Connect icon. You will be presented with a username and password screen; use your SUNet ID and password; click OK.
- If successful, a popup window titled, "VPN Client | Banner" will come up. Read any messages there; click Continue.
- You are now using the VPN tunnel for all Stanford network communication.