Timely Info for Power Users and Stanford's Technology Community
Tech Briefings are free, informal, and interactive seminars led by knowledgeable IT Services staff or other IT professionals on computer-related topics of interest to the Stanford community. Tech Briefings are held every Friday from 2:00 to 3:30 PM in Turing Auditorium (Polya Hall, Room 111). No registration is required.
Have an idea for a Tech Briefing? Click here to let us know.
Contact the Tech Briefing coordinator at email@example.com.
Upcoming Tech Briefings
VMWare Vision Overview
Join us for this session for an overview of the VMWare Vision, including a deep dive on:
NSX delivers a completely new operational model for networking that breaks through current physical network barriers allowing data center operators to achieve order of magnitude better speed, economics and choice.
The Virtual Cloud Hybrid Service (vCHS) is an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud operated by VMware. This service is built on vSphere, and allows customers to quickly and seamlessly extend their datacenter into the cloud using the tools and processes they already use within vSphere.
Paul Cassell – Sr. Systems Engineer NSX
Josh Gwyther – Sr. Systems Engineer vCHS
Adobe Creative Cloud
Note: Session will be from 2:00 - 4:00 PM
Join us for this presentation on Creative Cloud – the new desktop versions of Adobe products and the added tools and services to facilitate creating and collaborating. The presenter will review the enhancements to favorites like Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver Muse, and Acrobat. He will also explore how these applications work together, and how other apps/tools in Creative Cloud complement them.
|Jim Babbage, Adobe|
Subscribe to the Tech Briefings Mailing List
To subscribe to the Tech Briefings Mailing List, either:
- Visit https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/techbriefings and enter your email address in the Subscribing to techbriefings section
- Or, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe via the RSS / iCal Feed
Tech Briefing announcements are available as both an RSS feed and an iCal feed via events.stanford.edu
To add the events in Zimbra:
1) In Calendar, click Create a new calendar.
2) Give the new calendar a name (e.g., Tech Briefings).
3) Choose the color you want the calendar to use.
4) Check the box "Exclude this calendar when reporting free/busy times"
5) Check the box "Synchronize appointments from remote calendar", and in the URL field, enter http://events-prod.stanford.edu/byOrganization/144/eventlist.ics
6) Click OK.