Timely Info for Power Users and Stanford's Technology Community
Tech Briefings are free, informal, and interactive seminars led by knowledgeable IT Services staff or other IT professionals on computer-related topics of interest to the Stanford community. Tech Briefings are held Fridays from 2:00 to 3:30 PM in Turing Auditorium (Polya Hall, Room 111). No registration is required.
Have an idea for a Tech Briefing? Click here to let us know.
Contact the Tech Briefing coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Tech Briefings
Computers and Assistive Technology
This presentation will be a brief introduction to Assistive Technology including:
|David L. Jaffe, MS
Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering Design Group
Stanford Media Group
Featured Presentation: Stanford Digital Repository, Hannah Frost
Come hear about the Stanford Digital Repository (SDR) from its service manager covering the role for library collections and media collections as well as SUL's roadmap for media support via the SDR.
|Hannah Frost, Stanford University Libraries|
|August 1||To Be Announced|
|August 8||To Be Announced|
Taking the Fear out of Web Accessibility: How Your Small Changes Make a Big Difference
Do the words "Web accessibility" scare you? Do you imagine a major redesign resulting in an ugly site that looks like it was built in the 1990s? If so, then this session is for you.
Subscribe to the Tech Briefings Mailing List
To subscribe to the Tech Briefings Mailing List, either:
- Visit https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/techbriefings and enter your email address in the Subscribing to techbriefings section
- Or, send email to email@example.com
Subscribe via the RSS / iCal Feed
Tech Briefing announcements are available as both an RSS feed and an iCal feed via events.stanford.edu
To add the events in Zimbra:
1) In Calendar, click Create a new calendar.
2) Give the new calendar a name (e.g., Tech Briefings).
3) Choose the color you want the calendar to use.
4) Check the box "Exclude this calendar when reporting free/busy times"
5) Check the box "Synchronize appointments from remote calendar", and in the URL field, enter http://events-prod.stanford.edu/byOrganization/144/eventlist.ics
6) Click OK.