Timely Info for Power Users and Stanford's Technology Community
Tech Briefings are free, informal, and interactive seminars led by knowledgeable IT Services staff or other IT professionals on computer-related topics of interest to the Stanford community. Tech Briefings are held Fridays from 2:00 to 3:30 PM in Turing Auditorium (Polya Hall, Room 111). No registration is required.
Have an idea for a Tech Briefing? Click here to let us know.
Contact the Tech Briefing coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Tech Briefings
[CANCELLED] Crash Course in Design Thinking
This session will be rescheduled to the Fall Quarter.
Blue Jeans - Free Video Conferencing at Stanford
Effective September 1, 2014 BlueJeans audio/video conferencing service will be available to every current faculty, staff and student - At No Charge!
Please join us for this fun and informative TechBriefing where you will learn how to access your BlueJeans account, schedule and participate in a meeting, share your screen and documents, use the recording functionality, etc.
In addition to providing simple to use, high quality video conferencing, BlueJeans is also a replacement for WebEx, Premiere Global, and other audio conferencing services.
|September 5||Introduction to WordPress|
|September 12||Cardinal WordPress Theme: Best Practices|
Subscribe to the Tech Briefings Mailing List
To subscribe to the Tech Briefings Mailing List, either:
- Visit https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/techbriefings and enter your email address in the Subscribing to techbriefings section
- Or, send email to email@example.com
Subscribe via the RSS / iCal Feed
Tech Briefing announcements are available as both an RSS feed and an iCal feed via events.stanford.edu
To add the events in Zimbra:
1) In Calendar, click Create a new calendar.
2) Give the new calendar a name (e.g., Tech Briefings).
3) Choose the color you want the calendar to use.
4) Check the box "Exclude this calendar when reporting free/busy times"
5) Check the box "Synchronize appointments from remote calendar", and in the URL field, enter http://events-prod.stanford.edu/byOrganization/144/eventlist.ics
6) Click OK.