Timely Info for Power Users and Stanford's Technology Community
Tech Briefings are free, informal, and interactive seminars led by knowledgeable IT Services staff or other IT professionals on computer-related topics of interest to the Stanford community.
Tech Briefings are monthly events, held Fridays from 3:00 to 4:30 PM in
Turing Auditorium (Polya Hall, Room 111). No registration is required.
Have an idea for a Tech Briefing? Click here to let us know.
Contact the Tech Briefing coordinator at email@example.com.
Upcoming Tech Briefings
Blue Jeans - Free Video Conferencing at Stanford
BlueJeans audio/video conferencing service is now part of the Converged Communications package and available to all active faculty, staff, and students at no additional cost.
Please join us for this fun and informative Tech Briefing where you will learn how to access your BlueJeans account, schedule and participate in a meeting, share your screen and documents, use the recording functionality, etc.
In addition to providing simple to use, high quality video conferencing, BlueJeans is also a replacement for WebEx, Premiere Global, and other audio conferencing services.
Join us for this Briefing as Apple representative Dane Riley gives an an update of Apple products. He will also discuss any new Apple announcements.
|Dane Riley, Apple|
Canvas Learning Management System: GSE’s Holistic Approach to Migration
Moving to a new technology or system is among the toughest programs to plan and execute for any organization. In 2013, the Graduate School of Education began exploring new learning management systems for GSE courses and ultimately selected and migrated to an open source version of the learning platform, Canvas.
|- Pamela Levine
- Shawn Kim
- Paul Michael David
- Wilson Wang
- Chi-Hou Vong
Subscribe to the Tech Briefings Mailing List
To subscribe to the Tech Briefings Mailing List, either:
- Visit https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/techbriefings and enter your email address in the Subscribing to techbriefings section
- Or, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe via the RSS / iCal Feed
Tech Briefing announcements are available as both an RSS feed and an iCal feed via events.stanford.edu
To add the events in Zimbra:
1) In Calendar, click Create a new calendar.
2) Give the new calendar a name (e.g., Tech Briefings).
3) Choose the color you want the calendar to use.
4) Check the box "Exclude this calendar when reporting free/busy times"
5) Check the box "Synchronize appointments from remote calendar", and in the URL field, enter http://events-prod.stanford.edu/byOrganization/144/eventlist.ics
6) Click OK.