The Qualtrics survey tool is an easy-to-use, full-featured, web-based tool for creating and conducting online surveys. The survey tool is available at stanforduniversity.qualtrics.com.
Through a partnership of several Schools and departments, the Qualtrics survey tool is available to faculty, students, and staff through a university-wide site license. Contributing partners are:
- Academic Computing (SULAIR)
- Institutional Research and Decision Support
- Office of the University Registrar
- Office of the Vice President for Business Affairs and Chief Financial Officer
- School of Earth Sciences
- School of Education
- School of Engineering
- School of Humanities and Sciences
- School of Medicine
Note: a number of schools and departments maintain their own survey portal. If you are in the Stanford Alumni Association, the Graduate School of Business, Institutional Research and Decision Support, School of Education, School of Humanities and Sciences, or the School of Medicine, check first with your IT support staff about using their local portal.
- a Quick Survey Builder that guides beginners through creating a survey
- a Survey Library with templates that you can customize to meet your specific needs
- a tool to send and track participation invitations and reminders
- a tool to display survey results, graphically and statistically
- an export data feature, including to Excel or SPSS
- integration with Stanford’s Kerberos (SUNet ID authentication) systems
To learn how to register for and use the Qualtrics survey tool, see Setting Up a Qualtrics Account.