Server Disk Storage is a set of offerings designed for server-class computers, balancing performance and reliability with cost. For most services, the level of performance and reliability are more than sufficient; examples include Stanford's Email and Calendar service and the databases that support HelpSU.
Server Disk Storage supports iSCSI and SAN connections. Fiber and copper connections are available. NFS is supported in the Server Disk Storage offerings.
Note: Server Disk Storage does not include backups. Backup and storage are two separate services; backup service is by subscription. The storage team works with clients to customize backups to the needs of their applications.
- Provides industry-standard performance and reliability for enterprise level systems.
- Available in increments from 8 to 40 GB depending on the technology.
This Server Disk Storage service is charged monthly to your department’s IT Services bill. Two sets of storage speed/cost combinations are available.
Requests to change an existing storage profile by adding, modifying, or deleting storage must be submitted by your Department Contact via OrderIT or by calling 5-HELP (option 2).
For additional information about Server Disk Storage, please submit a HelpSU request.
- Storage Solutions Summary Chart
- File and Data Storage: AFS
- File and Data Storage: Secure AFS
- File and Data Storage: Individual & Group
- File and Data Storage: Secure Individual & Group
- File and Data Storage: Online Archive Storage
- File and Data Storage: Custom Storage
- How to Get More Storage Space
- File and Data Storage: Block Storage