The Secure Individual & Group file storage service provides a way for faculty and staff to transmit and store Restricted and Confidential Data. It is for both Windows and Macintosh desktop and laptop computers. Individual and group accounts are available.
The university provides Secure file storage as a low cost service to encourage staff and faculty to store Restricted or Confidential Data in a central location, off of the local computer.
Features and benefits
- Data is protected while stored on central servers, desktop, and laptop computers.
- Data is encrypted in transit from the computer to the central servers.
- Provides an option for groups of staff or faculty to have shared file storage.
Your Department Contact can order Secure Individual & Group file storage for both individual and group accounts via OrderIT. If ordering a group account, please provide the name of the Stanford Workgroup with the OrderIT.
After you have placed your order, the IT Services Storage Group will contact you with details on how to connect to your Secure File data storage.
- Secure File Storage Details
- Secure File Storage Policy Agreement
- Storage Solutions Summary Chart
- How to Get More Storage Space