Faculty or staff can sponsor someone for computing services, as long as the person to be sponsored meets basic eligibility requirements. Some sponsored services or resources carry a monthly charge.
For these services, the sponsor must have expenditure authority for a current University account. Other services are free and require only that the sponsor be regular faculty or staff. Sponsorships are maintained through the Sponsorship Manager web application.
The following services can be sponsored with Sponsorship Manager:
- Account (SUNet ID and email)
- Quota (more email storage)
- Email service for a department or function
See the Sponsored Services page for more information.
- Sponsorship of a SUNet ID for someone who is not university-eligible, such as a contractor, consultant, or visiting faculty member.
- Sponsorship of a Shared Email (Group IMAP) account for a department or function.
- Sponsorship of additional email quota in increments of 1 GB for individuals who require additional space.
- Ability to view, change, or end current sponsorships for which you are the sponsor or the contact.
Log in to Sponsorship Manager and the follow the online instructions for sponsoring a service.