The following section summarizes the terms and conditions to which a service subscriber is subject for student telephone and cable TV services. By subscribing to service, you accept all the terms and conditions associated with said subscription, including financial liability for any service related charges billed to your account, including:
- activation and monthly service charges for a service;
- unauthorized, fraudulent billable calls placed from your telephone line;
- billable calls originating from your telephone line that were billed collect, but disputed by the receiving party;
- user-caused damage to the telephone line, telephone line outlet or cable TV equipment (e.g., abusing the physical wiring or outlet, attaching faulty or unauthorized equipment to the outlet); and
- paying all costs of collection, including reasonable attorney's fees, incurred in the cost of collecting any charges.
As a Service Subscriber, you are responsible for canceling service at the end of your stay in your Stanford University residence (for example, after you graduate). You remain liable for all charges for services rendered until IT Services receives your notification to cancel service.