Use Status to check whether people in your contact list are available to contact. The information is displayed when you hover your mouse over the contact name (external, or "unaffiliated," contacts display the details you've listed (e.g., phone number, email) instead of availability status).
Note: Availability Status works only for clients added via the Search function.
The SoftPhone system determines your availability status, detecting when you are on your phone or using your computer. You can also set your own availability status by clicking the arrow next to the status line in the upper lefthand corner of your screen. From the dropdown menu, select one of the following:
- Available — The contact is logged in to SoftPhone and has recently been using their computer or phone, or has manually set the status to Available.
- Away — The person has set the status to Away.
- Do Not Disturb — Setting your availability status to Do Not Disturb prevents people from initiating instant messaging with you. If your phone mode is set to SoftPhone and people call you, your phone will not ring and the call will roll over to voicemail.
- Invisible — Setting your availability status to Invisible prevents people from seeing your presence information when you are logged in. The status line under your name will show as Offline to those you have you in their Contact list. (Note: This status is not persistent; you must reset it for every session.)
- Enter New "Available" [or "Away"] Message... — You can also create one-time custom status messages for Available and Away, such as "In a meeting."
- Edit Status Messages... — You can manage (add, edit, or delete) permanent custom status messages for both Available status and Away status.
- When the program detects no activity for five minutes (default), the system will show you as Idle.
- You can change the Idle default time in the Status Preferences pane. (See Set up Optional Preferences.)