If your SoftPhone doesn't work properly, check the following:
- Ensure you have general network connectivity. (Can you reach any web site?)
- Try logging in to Cisco UPC using your SUNet ID and password and the server mysoftphone.stanford.edu.
- If you can't download the Cisco client, check to see if your local firewall is enabled. If it is, does Cisco UPC appear in the list of
firewall exceptions? To make sure your firewall setting allows downloading applications:
- Go to System Preferences.
If it's not in your dock, you can find it under the Apple menu or in your Applications folder.
- Click Security.
- Click the Firewall tab.
- If the Allow all incoming connections radio button
is not selected, select it.
Change the firewall setting back once the installation is complete.
- Go to System Preferences.
- Is the USB headset detected by the operating system? Can it be selected in Cisco UPC? (Make sure the headset is plugged into the computer before Cisco UPC is launched.)
- If you get a login error, did you choose Remember Password and subsequently change your SUNet ID password?
- If someone can't contact you, make sure you haven't blocked them in Privacy Preferences.
- If you are still having problems with the SoftPhone client, please submit a HelpSU ticket.
|Click to dial hotkey on Mac does not always work properly.||Enhancements are promised in later release.|
|Intermittent local firewall issues on Mac||Restart Cisco UPC or try to connect later.|
|If you do run a firewall, you will need to grant access to the Cisco UPC application. There is currently inconsistent behavior for the Mac client: Presence (in Availability Status) seems to randomly come and go.||IT Services is investigating the problem and looking for a solution.|
|USB headset is not always auto-recognized.||Restart Cisco UPC client and verify headset settings.
|Search option times out or does not find user.||Default LDAP profile that only views Staff. If Cisco UPC user is not Staff, then they will not show up when someone is searching for them.|
|On the Mac client, users see "Online (Unable to connect to voicemail)."
||Error is due to not integrating with Cisco's voicemail system. Have asked Cisco to remove this error from the client.|
|No MWI (Messaging Waiting Indication) on the SoftPhone client.
||There is no integration between the SoftPhone client and our Unified Messaging System at this time, so MWI will not work. User can enable MWN (Message Waiting Notification) on vmail portal in place of MWI.|
|Dragging Contacts from Recent Call List to Contact List works only for entries that contain a contact's name (not just the telephone number).||There is presently no workaround, but the function may be operable in a future version.|
|Presence information shows only for users added through the search function.
||This is normal behavior, as only users found through the Contact List search have full database information.|
|Audio device reverts to system audio rather than a USB headset, resulting in calls with incorrect audio.||Manually reset the audio device selections in the Preferences section. To reduce the frequency of this problem, make sure that the USB headset is plugged in prior to launching the Cisco UPC application.|
|If double-click option is set to Place a Video Call, outbound calls to some cellular networks and toll free numbers will ring twice and then the call will fail.
||This is due to a bug on the client. Until it is resolved with Cisco, don't set double-click option to Video.|