Stanford contracts with AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon to provide mobile phone services for faculty and staff business use.
University and Hospital departments can order online through OrderIT and charge services to their department account. For personal purchases, faculty and staff are eligible for Stanford employee discounts.
- Take advantage of negotiated voice and data plan discounts with each carrier
- Bill charges to your department PTA (no more reimbursement or invoice payment hassles)
- 24/7 troubleshooting; can work with carrier on specific issues
Lost or stolen phones
To report a lost or stolen phone, call the IT Services Mobile Support Desk at the number above. A representative can help you determine your next actions. If you signed up for Stanford's Mobile Device Management program, you can also remotely manage your device if it's still operable and connected to the Internet. For a more complete list of actions to take when you lose your device, see the directions for Lost Mobile Device: What to Do.
Buyer's remorse / returning purchases
If you have a damaged or defective device, you can replace it through a warranty exchange agreement that IT Services maintains with the carriers. You can return a phone within 14 days of purchase. Call the IT Services Mobile Support Desk at the number above for assistance.
Questions or changes to your cell phone plan
IT Services contracts 24/7 support for all carriers through one provider. Because your service is a business account, you do not get support from the carrier directly. You can make changes to your existing plan by calling the IT Services Mobile Support Desk number above. A support representative will be happy to answer your questions or help you with changing call plans (for example, adding international coverage, text messaging, or data plans)
To learn more about placing an order through the Stanford Mobile Device program, see the How to Order Cell Phones and Mobile Devices page.
- Cell Phone and Mobile Device Program
- How to Order Cell Phones and Mobile Devices
- Choose a Cell Phone or Mobile Device
- Choose a Mobile Device Service Plan
- International Travel
- Lost Mobile Device: What to Do
- iPhone Support at Stanford
- Android Security Tips
- How to Recycle Cell Phones and Mobile Devices