The following steps will show you how to get Citrix apps running on your iPad:
- Install the Citrix Receiver for iPad app from the AppStore on your iPad.
- Start the application and run through the steps to setup a new account. When it asks for the server address use: myapps.stanford.edu
- When you tap Next, it will give you an error that it Could not verify the server address. Tap Manual setup.
- On the next page type, enter in a Description of your choice and select the Web Interface option.
- Tap Next and you will be presented with the following screen. Log in with your SUNet ID and password.
- Once you log in, you should see all of your available applications on the left. Simply tap on an application to start the Citrix app on your iPad.
- The application may freeze up and crash from time to time.
- The biggest issue seems to be display corruption. If you are getting unreadable text or other display issues go into the options menu and select Display Options.
- Select either Fit Portrait or Fit Landscape to lock the view. You can toggle back and forth and have the display re-size correctly but, it rarely works as it should in this application. Locking the display in landscape or portrait helps significantly.
You can now use all of your Citrix Apps on your iPad wherever you are.