IT Services offers mailboxes on Microsoft Exchange, a sophisticated messaging platform that provides rich and efficient access to email, calendars, contacts, and tasks. This service integrates with Stanford Email and Calendar as well as the university's identification and authentication services.
Exchange mailbox users get:
- 1 GB of default email storage (additional email storage is available for a fee)
- SPAM filtering
- Virus scanning
- Authentication with Stanford’s Windows Infrastructure
- Integration with Stanford Directory/Global Address List (GAL)
- Integration with Stanford Calendar for free/busy lookup
Exchange users with the Outlook desktop client also get:
- Recovery of deleted items up to 14 days via Outlook Client
- All the features of Outlook including:
- Shared calendar — free/busy
- Out-of-office and server-side email rules
- Cache mode for mobile users, allowing offline access
- Distribution lists
Submit requests for Exchange Email Service via OrderIT, or by calling 5-HELP (650-725-4357).