Video HelpletWatch how to add names to email from an address book.
In the Stanford Email and Calendar, there is more than one address book. By default, you have three types of address books:
- Contacts — addresses you add to your default contact list.
- Personal and Shared Contacts — create a personal address book and add contacts (internal or external). Shared Contacts are address books that someone has shared with you.
- Global Address Book — StanfordWho lookup.
The Global Address List (GAL) is available to everyone using Stanford Email and Calendar. The GAL references StanfordWho; the information from the directory displays in the address list. You cannot edit GAL entries.
Add an address to an email
- Click the Mail tab.
- Click New on the toolbar to open a new message.
- Click To. The Select Addresses dialog box opens.
- Select an address book from the Show names from list.
- Enter a name, or portion of a name, in the Search field on the left.
- Click Search. The result is highlighted on the left column.
- Click the To, Cc, or Bcc button (in the middle of the two columns) to determine where the name displays when the message is addressed. Use the Remove button to remove a name from the recipients list on the right.
- Repeat the search as needed until all names have been added.
- Click OK to return to the message.