In iCal, you can reply to an event or meeting invitation that was originally created in Stanford Calendar. The newly added event appears on your iCal calendar as well as on your Stanford Calendar. You must have configured iCal to access Stanford Calendar for this function to work.
To reply to an invitation
- Check your email in Apple Mail. Click Get Mail.
- Open the email message with the event invitation.
- Double-click the attachment. iCal opens and the invitation appears.
- In iCal, do one of the following:
- Right-click (or CTRL + click) the invitation and click Get Info. The Event Editor dialog box appears. Select the calendar and alarm option. Scroll down to the bottom and choose Maybe, Decline, or Accept.
- In the Notifications box (lower-left corner of the iCal window) click the invitation you wish to respond to, and choose from Maybe, Decline, or Accept.
To see more information about the meeting, double-click it to retrieve the Event Editor dialog box.
Note: To have iCal automatically place event invitations in your iCal Notifications box, go to iCal > Preferences and click Advanced. Then select the Automatically retrieve invitations from Mail check box.
Event Editor dialog box
To change your response to an invitation
After you have responded to an invitation, you can change your response (e.g., from Maybe to Accept) later. You can also change the calendar or alarm for this event at any time.
- Right-click (or CTRL + click) on the event and click Get Info.
- In the my status field, click the current status to see the other options available, then select your new status.
- Click Reply.