Stanford has contracted for discounted, off-site desktop backup service with two third-party backup service providers. Other options include local solutions such as backup servers, SCSI tape drives, or removable drives.
Participation is by subscription to a centralized, networked backup service provided by an IT Services-recommended third-party vendor. Recommended vendors include:
- Connected. Backup and recovery of Macintosh and Windows desktop and laptop systems for business use.
- MozyPro. Backup and recovery of Macintosh and Windows desktop and laptop systems for business use.
- Advantages. Accounts are managed at the department level; provides secure, off-site, redundant storage; third-party service provides a variety of advanced features. Both services are HIPAA compliant and can be used to back up Restricted and Prohibited Data.
- Disadvantages. Client-side configuration may be difficult.
Local solutions include networked backup-and-restore to centralized facilities, including CD or DVD, SCSI tape drives, removable drives, or servers.
- Advantages. Centrally administered; provides increased control and oversight. Note: Restricted and/or Prohibited Data should be encrypted both in transit as well as at rest to meet HIPAA standards.
- Disadvantages. Client-side configuration can be moderately difficult. Set-up and troubleshooting may require the assistance of a system administrator or computer consultant. Purchase of backup software and/or storage may be required.
Decide which solution is right for you. Consult local Computer Support (if available) or your Department IT Contact.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide contact information including School or department name, primary contact name, email, and phone number.
See the vendor website at mozy.com/stanford/.