Skip to content Skip to navigation

Campus Card Office

The Campus Card Office oversees the production of new and replacement cards, maintains a card information database of students, faculty and staff; installs and maintains card readers; and assists in developing new Campus ID Card applications.



Tresidder Union,
459 Lagunita Drive, 2nd Floor
Open Monday – Friday,
9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
(650) 498-CARD

Faculty and Staff

George Forsythe Hall,
275 Panama Street, room 135
Open Monday – Friday,
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.*
*closed from 12:30 – 1 p.m.
(650) 498-CARD

Eligibility for a Campus Card

ID card eligibility is established by Administrative Guide Memo 28.4. You will find a summary of the types of cards, the eligibility criteria, card fees, and the privileges granted by each card type. You can also download a chart that details the current policy [PDF].

Obtaining a Campus Card

If you are a new student, you can submit your photo online at the Student Services Center web page. Click on the Upload link on the right side of the page.

If you are a new employees eligible for an ID card, you can have your photo taken and obtain your card at the Campus Card Office at Forsythe Hall, Room 135. Call 498-CARD (8-2273) first to make sure your personnel information is available (to ensure that all personnel information has been processed and a Stanford ID number assigned).

Change of status with the university


Student ID cards are deactivated when you fail to enroll for any quarter other than summer quarter, or if you graduate. If you re-enroll at a later date, you can reactivate your card at the Campus Card Office.

Staff, visiting scholars, and fellows

When your employment status changes to one which is no longer entitled to campus privileges, your card will not grant you access to university facilities and services. Your manager or HR officer collects your cards when your employment at Stanford ends, and must be surrendered to an appropriate university employee upon request.

Change of name

The name on your identification card must match the name in Stanford's official student or employment records. If your legal name changes, you must change your name in the official University records before you request a new ID card. Students can request this name change through the Student Services Center. Faculty and staff should request a name change through the Human Resources administrator.

Learn more

To learn more about Campus Card Office services, call the office at (650) 498-CARD (8-2273).

Last modified September 26, 2014