Stanford provides basic document management and collaboration through Box.com. Box is an easy-to-use platform that you can log into with your Stanford credentials.
Box supports creation, management, and collaboration for documents that have been written in common desktop tools (for example, Microsoft Word, Excel), and includes a drag and drop interface and versioning.
- Single sign-on using your Stanford SUNet ID
- Individual permissions on folders
- Document version control
- Document sharing and collaboration with Box users within and external to Stanford
- Stanford University Box: 25 GB of cloud storage per user or workgroup
Stanford Medicine Box: unlimited storage per user
- Stanford University Box: individual file sizes up to 5 GB
Stanford Medicine Box: individual file sizes up to 10 GB
- Desktop folder synchronization with Box
- Encryption of files at Box and over the network
- Mobile clients for iPhone, Android, Blackberry, and Windows.
Eligible faculty, staff and students can go to stanford.box.com or stanfordmedicine.box.com, depending on affiliation. Click Continue and log in to WebAuth with your SUNet ID and password. A Stanford Box account associated with your Stanford email address (SUNetID@stanford.edu) will be automatically provisioned. You can have either a Stanford University or a Stanford Medicine Box account; you cannot be a member of both.
- Using Stanford University Box
- Using Stanford Medicine Box
- Box Sync for Windows
- Box Sync for Mac
- Box for Mobile
- Box for Workgroups
- Accessibility and Box
- Box Policies
- Box Apps
- Convert to Stanford Box